Madonna of the Trail Monument
Springfield, Ohio is the home of the first of twelve Madonna of the Trail Monuments. Springfield's Madonna of the Trail Monument dedication and unveiling ceremony was on July 4, 1928, on the Ohio Masonic Home grounds. In 1957 she was moved to the south end of Snyder Park along Route 40. In 2001 the Ohio Daughters of the American Revolution members and the City of Springfield completed a $50,000 restoration project for her. She was rededicate on July 4, 2003, which was the 75th Anniversary of the original dedication. On September 21, 2011 she was moved to the park, National Road Commons, located between Main and Columbia streets in downtown Springfield. The DAR Lagonda Chapter in Springfield is the guardian of the statue.
Daughters of the American Revolution
Madonna takes her place in downtown’s future park